When you market your content effectively, your readers will automatically be drawn to view your site as a reliable source. Capturing the interest of an audience is simple if you keep your content compelling and mind catching. This will give your community of followers a reason to start a discussion about the product or services you are promoting.
But how can content be marketed effectively?
As soon as someone sees an advert is being pushed down their throats they will instantly be turned off and back away, never to return to the site again. You want to have the complete opposite effect on someone who stumbles across your content. Therefore you want your published information to have value, teach something new to the reader and all with no price tag attached.
With increasing amounts of competition and content overload on the internet, you want to ensure your audience openly listens to what you are saying and differentiates your content as trustworthy and above all – valuable. Here are six easy ways of achieving this goal:
1. Trust is the foundation to any relationship. If you want to befriend your audience you have to gain their trust. Listen to what they are looking for and familiarise yourself with their needs so that you know exactly how to present the perfect solution to them. Everyone loves a bit of helpful content after all!
2. Talk of the town… Listening to customer reviews of your content, website, product or services will help you kick start your content marketing campaign and establish areas of improvement. Making good use of tools such as, Google alerts, Twitter and qualitative and quantative research techniques will enable you to gain important consumer information.
3. Watch for trends in web analytics. Keeping your eye on what people are typing into search engines is a crucial way of discovering popular keyword phrases to use in your content. All this will drive more traffic to your website.
4. Publish quality and everyone wins! If you focus on presenting the reader with something they probably did not already know or a completely new concept that they can benefit from, they will love your website and brand. Offering tips is another way of handing out informative gems of knowledge to your customers. A good set of tips can also persuade readers to select your brand over your competitors.
5. Apply the ‘what’s’ in it for me?’ marketing principle. This will enable you to focus on how to effectively offer your product/services to suit your audience’s needs.
6. Keep it regular. By keeping your content fresh, you will be able to keep it unique and up-to-date, subsequently, building up anticipation amongst your community of readers. This means that they will start to look forward to the next blog post or content you publish and is exactly what you want.
If you market your content well, you will keep your audience happy and your content marketing campaign will be a welcome success. By producing fresh, informative and valuable content, you will soon be seen as a relevant and credible source and trust me…good news on the Web travels fast.
What do you think?
Do you think these tips can work? Is there anything new that you have found effective when marketing content? Feel free to comment…